Creating a space for your little one to nap sweetly and sleep peacefully is a much bigger undertaking than it looks, but it is also incredibly satisfying. From late night diaper changes to morning feedings, this room will become your child's safety nest. Since you'll be spending quite a lot of time in here as well, it's important for you to be comfortable too.
Warm Yellow Baby Nursery | Interior Design Project in Palm Desert, CA
Here are just a few of the items you'll need to make your baby's nursery both fashionable and functional:
- A warm color palette (3-4 colors)
- Cordless blinds with blackout options
- Grommet-hung drapery
- An attractive light source, like a chandelier
- Carpeting or an area rug
- A crib that meets all required safety standards
- Crib bumper pad and sheets
- 1-2 blankets that coordinate with your color palette
- A crib mobile or other crib-safe toys
- A rocking chair or other comfortable seating (add a footstool for those long nights)
- A changing table with storage beneath
- A dresser or closet for all of those tiny outfits
While you will have many decisions to make with your baby's nursery, the most important one is deciding how the space will function. Will the nursery also be a toy or playroom? Will any other children be sleeping in that room?
When we plan nursery spaces with our clients, we ask them many questions like these to determine how the room should be laid out, to identify main traffic pathways, and to determine if sound barriers are needed.
Ready to start designing your nursery? Contact us today.
Luv2Dezin Inc. is an interior design and remodeling firm for middle and high-end homes throughout the state of California, serving the cities of Temecula, Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Coachella Valley, and Redlands.